Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Beef Stew Day












I realize temperature can be relative, but today called for a -30 windchill factor.  So cold, they called school.  I had ratatouille on the menu, but beef stew sounded warmer.  I have had a Tasha Tudor craving lately, and decided to use a beef stew recipe from the Tasha Tudor's Cookbook. It was delicious!

Since the weather was predicted to be so cold, I didn't have any grands today.  Yes, grands! Believe it or not since my last post, I now have 4 grandchildren!  I have been babysitting the first 3 and now with the birth of the latest grand, I'll be keeping all four!  Our life has been so blessed and we're expecting a fifth grand this summer! But back to no grands. I decided to de-clutter a few things today. For those of you who visit my home, no, not the knick knacks, as you remember the last time I got rid of knick knacks, Charlie thought I was leaving him!

I spent fall making the cutest little soft stuffed animals for the grand's Christmas gifts. You can find the patterns here. They gave me such happiness while making them.  Alicia Paulson is so talented and it is a joy to create from her patterns! I also made the cutest lamb softie from this book.

Between sewing the little softies, I have been knitting for the grands and the softies. Little sweaters, dresses, and scarves. I'm actually working on something for myself right now.  A Through the Woods hooded neck warmer in honor of Into the Woods movie release.  I bought the pattern and yarn here.

Just so you know, I don't receive any compensation for including the links, I just like to share my finds with you.
See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment